October 31, 2014, 13:43
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Donate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: GUI for umodel  (Read 79718 times)
hawkins
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 20:14 »

thanks frits for the GUI  Smiley. it really usefull for me, saving alot of my time to check the file i want to export.
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 21:43 »

blacksite. All packages open without issue using umodel commandline. (-noanim of course as this is not supported due to Havoc system)

I might have found the problem. Are you checking -noanim before selecting the package?
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 14:50 »

blacksite. All packages open without issue using umodel commandline. (-noanim of course as this is not supported due to Havoc system)

I might have found the problem. Are you checking -noanim before selecting the package?

Cough...read above what you quoted me, more closely.  Grin
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 23:37 »

Try leaving -noanim unchecked until after you have selected the package. If the output is formatted differently with the -noanim check then umodel GUI will parse it in correctly. I'll look in to this further, but for no just hold off on checking -noanim until after the file list is populated and hopefully you wont have any problems.
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 15:11 »

Try leaving -noanim unchecked until after you have selected the package. If the output is formatted differently with the -noanim check then umodel GUI will parse it in correctly. I'll look in to this further, but for no just hold off on checking -noanim until after the file list is populated and hopefully you wont have any problems.

Sadly, it's still not working. I still gets "index is outside the bounds of the array" if I select any package with -noanim checked or not (when I select it). It never completes the parsing (which I assume is what is happening while the progress bar is moving) the bar freezes and I get that message still on any package file. Same files open from command line without issue.

Very sorry.  Huh?
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 03:56 »

Can you send me the output you get when you load it from the command line and possibly one of the files from the game?
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 16:05 »

Can you send me the output you get when you load it from the command line and possibly one of the files from the game?

You have PM.

Thanks!
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04 »

I got the email, and after looking at the output, it looks like it is failing to find some referenced files and this might be the cause of the issue. I'll look in to this more tonight, and hopefully have a fix soon.
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42 »

Sorry this took so long. School took over my life and I just now got around to updating this. First port is updated with the new version.
fritz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34 »

In the next couple of days there should be an update that adds the ability to resize the window, probably tab indexes, and I'll also update the first post with resent screenshots.

(Sorry for the triple post).
CriticalError

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 03:03 »

thanks a lot frits this is really useful for ppl not familiarezed with DOS commands Smiley gratz for this stuff

Deathdoor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 12:45 »

thank you for new version
snowboundmage

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 15:21 »

I can't use this with mass effect 2 for some reason. I can use it with the cmd umodel.exe, but the umodel gui only seems to detect upk files for me.
The files for mass effect2 are in C:\Program Files\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\CookedPC.
I use the "Package directory", and it shows the folder "+...CookedPC", but moving throught the directories only lets me see the *.upk files, even though the *.pcc files are in the same directory.
It does detect the *.pcc files as game files in the bottom right window(1732 game files), and then just shows the text that comes up with umodel in the cmd.

P.S. pcc are mass effect 2's files and are detectable with umodel. Yes i have the latest umodel.

Here is screen shot(i copied the files to a seperate folder with no subfolder)
http://tinypic.com/m/e19dw1/3
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 15:27 by snowboundmage » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 16:56 »

There is very strange log output on the shot - it looks like umodel have successfully processed "-path" option, but later detected something wrong and displayed help text.
snowboundmage

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 18:59 »

is there no hope for me?
will i have to go back to the monotonous task of individually copying and pasting the file names into a bat file or is there hope in the horizon?

In case you're wondering, there is nothing interesting when i scroll down, just the rest of the help file.
Just double checked and i definitely have the latest umodel.exe
heres a link to the filetype:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ipaldbe8r1clptk
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 19:14 by snowboundmage » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: